Saturday, October 07, 2006

What a weekend!!

I don't know why - but I just can't seem to wake up! I even took a nap today! We are car less all weekend. BUMMER. We take it in for it's 30,000 mile service and they call with the GREAT news that it has two leaks and needs something else that will cost an extra $90! At least the two pumps are covered under our warranty. Anyway - we ended up having to just leave the car there for the weekend and I realized last night at 9:00 that all the stuff I was in charge of getting for the primary activity day was in the trunk. I felt terrible! We watched X-Men 3 last night with our friends Jenn and Jaska. They are a couple of our favorite people so that was really fun! They have a son named Jonah who Anika can't get enough of. We watched him last night while Jenn and Jaska went out to celebrate him passing the bar and they had tons of fun. I walked in right as Anika walked up behind him, put her arms around him and said "I love you! I love you so much Jonah! Come play wiff me!" Nathan said that we are going to have to have a talk with her about not giving her love away too easily. It seems like my dad had that chat with me - I don't think I was 2 though! This morning Anika and I hitched a ride with my friend JJ to the activity day. It was a pajama party/breakfast. I thought that they were awfully brave to do this again - I guess it's an annual thing - because last year one of the mom's showed up in a lacy, short little nighty. NICE. Anika was a little clingy and that was driving me nuts because I needed to be helping! I told Nathan that I wasn't taking her to anymore of these and then I realized that she will be a Sunbeam in January so I won't have any choice. =) Our scary moment of the day came when Nathan went down to the basement to see about flipping on the heat and there was a REALLY strong smell. We called the gas company and high-tailed it out of there. Of course I was imagining every graphic detail of our house blowing up and my girls being trapped in a room where I couldn't get to them. That is probably my biggest fear. Anyway - I wasn't waiting around for that to happen so we went outside until the gas man arrived. Apparently, our furnace wasn't working right so it was pumping carbon monoxide into our house! He said that our house wouldn't have blown up - but if we had kept running our furnace there is a good chance that we would have died in our sleep. I am so thankful that Nathan went down there. Normally, we would have been in the house for the night. So - that was the scary thing that happened. He turned off the leak and we came upstairs and opened all of the windows. It's pretty cold outside! Anika stayed up a little late playing with Nathan. He was being the "daddy piggy" and giving her rides around the house. Pretty cute! Anyway - Sleep tight!



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You forgot to mention the amazing dinner you made. Wow, what a woman.

Anonymous said...

Nathan, what a guy! A wife can never hear that she made a great dinner too often, even if it stunk.

Anonymous said...

Might I add, that I stopped fixing dinner years ago because DURING dinner, I always got "suggestions" spare me!

Anonymous said...

that is SO scary...so glad he checked it out!

have a good day...

Anonymous said...

i just have to say- i LOVE your descriptive little stories. they are great! although this one is a little scary! i'm glad everything worked out & nathan is on the ball.