Monday, July 02, 2007

Butterfly Craft

We try and do a craft every Monday so today we made these cardboard tube butterflies. =) You can tell that the girls did all their own painting and chose their own colors. I've been trying to make it a "learning" experience and I've been amazed at how much Anika takes to it! She is still talking about trees and birds. Today I tied it into recycling so we used the toilet paper tubes and scrap paper. She keeps chanting "reuse and recycle" over and over. It's awfully cute!


7 comments:

Lindsay Riggs said...

Cute!! Do you have the Curious George soundtrack? They have a recycle song that is so cute!

Susan said...

A craft every Monday, eh? You inspire me Brittanie! I wish we lived closer to each other so we could play! ;)

Anonymous said...

Well my dearest. Aren't you just super mom. You can't fool me anymore when you try to make me feel better when we discuss the woes of parenting. You are great! Too bad you live on the other side of the country so a little bit of you could rub off on me. Love you and can't wait to see you this weekend!

Anonymous said...

i must say that i agree with mandi. i want to be like you. someday i will hopefully make it there. i love you and am looking forward to our car ride together. smauel is very excited.

Anonymous said...

you'd think i could spell my own kids' name. samuel. geez

Unknown said...

You are Super Mom! You are such a fun mom, hopefully I can be that too someday!

Macey said...

I love that you guys do crafts...something for the girl to look forward to every week!