Thursday, May 31, 2007

Hello and Good-bye

Good Morning everyone!! We joyfully welcomed my sister and her two boys on Monday and we've been having a grand time! I'll have tons of pictures and updates next week after they leave. =) I thought I'd do a really quick post right now - the kids are busy jumping on the air mattress and Kelyn started Memoirs of a Geisha this morning - so I have a little time!

Yesterday was Grandma Saxton's funeral. Both Kelyn and I are very sad that we couldn't be there for it. Even though she was sick, her death still came as a shock. Last Saturday my mom called with the news and after I hung up I burst into tears. Anika was very concerned and asked what was wrong. I told her that Manna Kivett's mommy had died and she asked why (of course). I told her that when our bodies stop working we get to go live with Heavenly Father and Jesus again. She said "Ohhhh - I need to give her a kiss so she will be better! Should we drive to Heavenly Father's house so I can give her a kiss?" I thought that was SO sweet. I know that she is in a happy place and I'm glad that she won't have to be sick anymore. I just wish I had visited her more and gotten to know her better. Mom - you guys are in our prayers. We love you!

1 comment:

mindy said...

Sorry about your Grandma. Anika is so cute!