Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Birthday Season

We all have birthdays so close in the fall/winter - it's a whole lot of celebrating! 

Mine is first. I spent my 31st with my Mandi girl. We always have fun!

Kes is next! She turned 7 this year! I got to take her on a date and it was the best! 



We went to Scoops for some ice cream. It was delicious!



Keslie loved sitting in the big chair. 

Then we were off to get her nails and toes painted. 



She had fun opening her birthday presents.




And helping with her cake.

We love her to pieces. Her sweetness is unsurpassed.


Next up is Nathan. We love him so much. Men like him are rare and I am so lucky to have him. 
His work got him this super fun cake:

Then he came home and got more cake and ice cream!


These kids love their daddy!

Bren turned FOUR!!  The day before his birthday he hurt his lip! OUCH! He is such a fun boy and he makes us laugh all day. 

He had fun using his new golf clubs from Papa and Granana West. I have to keep an eye on him though because he starts banging on the ground and digging holes! Everything becomes a shovel...Haha!

Dinosaurs!! 

Every year they get to choose out a sugary cereal for their birthday breakfast. He was SO excited! 

Brenan got a party this year. He has been obsessed with Cars for a few years so we did a Cars theme. I took a few lame pictures of the party decorations which I'm bummed about. I worked hard!  Oh well! When the kids came in they stopped at Sherriff's DMV and picked up their driver's licenses. They all had their own license with their picture, birthday and address on it. They got to wear them as necklaces. 

Then they headed over to Tow Mater's Towing and Salvage and decorated their license plates to put on their cars. 


After that they went to Ramone's House of Body Art and put on some "tats"

After these activities they were ready to head outside for Luigi's Tire Relay, Red Light, Green Light, and the Piston Cup race. 





After the outside fun was done, we went in for lunch and cupcakes!

These are before the food was out but HELLO! Flo's V8 Cafe and Fillmore's Organic Fuel? Fun! 

Here is our birthday boy blowing out the candles!









Poor buddy. The whole thing was a little overwhelming for him. I'm done with parties. From now on they can have one at 5, 8, 12, and 16. =) (4 in his case)

Here is the group! They are all such cute friends. 


Our Soybean turned ONE! What a fast year it was. She is so much fun and has all of us wrapped around her little finger. I can't believe how bad I've gotten. I didn't even get a picture of Sawyer eating her cake. I really dropped the ball. We managed to get two piggies in her hair to show how big she is getting! 



She got a walker - at one she is almost walking but not quite. I think this will help her take off! 

She loves to twirl and do the ostrich (bury her head in corners while sticking her bum in the air). It's hilarious! 

So, this is her eating Anika's cake. Haha! She pretty much looked the same on her day. =)

Our Anika Bean turned 9! It's hard to believe how grown up she is. When we moved to Texas she was a tiny 5 year old! So, let me explain the cake. Haha! We had a bunch of friends over for gingerbread houses before her birthday and sang and ate cake. This picture is on her actual day and I was not making another cake (all caked out!) so we just put a big old candle on top (because when you're going tacky you might as well go all the way!) and reused the old cake. =) I'm classy. Luckily, she didn't mind! Haha!

Making the cake. I don't make fancy cakes but my kids look forward to it every year because they get to choose the flavor and help make it and frost it. 

We did a gingerbread house making night and celebrated Anika's birthday with lots of friends! 


I love her big grin! 

This is Anika with her best friend Audrey. 

Anika's cereal of choice. =) 

Berfday presents!

I love how Anika can be super girly (see above picture) and then turn around and dig bugs and slime and mud and frogs and aliens. Love her! 



Phew! Glory be that I have 9 months before I have to think about birthdays again! Birthday interviews are soon to come. I would post them now, but they are stashed in my bedroom closet where Sawyer is sleeping. =)





No comments: