Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Um...

Okay FIRST -

It is NOT okay with me that the girls went downstairs last night around 9 (we were upstairs in the office) and came back up and told us that there was a MAN standing at the door who waved at them (our front door has some window things on it) and then turned around and left. I've tried to think of reasons that someone would have been standing out there - UPS man?? No, not at 9. Someone from the ward? No - they would have knocked or rang the doorbell - and there were no cookies out on the step. The only logical explanation is that it was someone scoping out our house. I've got the creeps. My imagination has kicked into overdrive. I've seen one too many episodes of CSI and LAW and ORDER SVU. Please give me some comfort!! I'm FREAKING out here!!

Second:

I'm not okay with our bug situation. We have ANTS crawling all over our kitchen floor. I try to keep them at bay by wiping them up and keeping the floor swept and mopped but they just keep on coming! They come through the door and a couple cracks in the tile grout. Nice. I'm not okay that we've had 2 huge roaches in our house. Nathan just vacuums them up and then I have nightmares that they are crawling out in the night - does he not understand that these are the creatures that can survive a nuclear bomb??!! Our roley poley (pill bug) situation is out of control. I feel happy that they are nice bugs and that they don't carry disease but I'm tired of waking up to 30 little roley poleys crawling all over the place downstairs! Then they die and I have to sweep them up. It's just lovely. =)

So, last night my dreams were filled with bugs and murderers. FUN!!!

13 comments:

Shabwan said...

Brit...I knwo about the over-thinking things! I do it allllll the time and then Doug thinks I'm a crazy woman :) As for the bugs...how is it that you and I have the same fears and dreams??? We have lived in this house for 15 years...Saturday 3 flies showed up in the kithcen window...Sunday there were like 50!!! Where did they come from? The kind that fly slow and hover...very unnerving...so I dream about maggots on my skin and them eating their way out of my body to fly in the kitchen window....WAAAA. So now we are like trashy people with sticky fly strips on the kitchen window...you can get 4 for a $1.97 at Walmart...oh hehehhehe! Who knew? Love ya...Auntie S

Heather said...

I'm with you Brittanie. I would be a little alarmed at both situations. Adjustments to a new place always seem to put me on high alert.

LJABC and D said...

I hate bugs too!! They are everywhere in our house too. I found this spray at costco that I use outside and it is really effective, but I don't know what it's called. Isn't CT nice with the freezing cold weather that kills the bugs 9 months out of the year?!?!!!? The guy outside is creepy. Maybe he was just lost though and went up to the wrong door and realized it when he saw the girls.

Tim and Amy said...

creepy indeed! i would be freaked out as well. sorry!!! and hope the bug situation clears up soon!

lnkmom said...

Oh, Brittanie... I'm so sorry.

I hate strange people and bugs equally!!! You don't want either in your house or your dreams.

We have to spray all our windows & doors and around our foundation for bugs every year (sometimes twice), Home Depot has the stuff and it's cheaper than the people that come and do it for you!

Tairi said...

the guy thing was creepy. Our bug man told us to seal up where the ants are coming in with some caulking. But, we had some coming in under the door too and he said ants hate baby powder. We sprinkled it in front of the door and they never came back in. Weird. Hope that helps, I am sure you have baby powder laying arond

Jenn said...

Oh sweet Brittanie, hasn't anyone told you? Everything's bigger in Texas. :) JK I'm so sorry about the bugs--that would freak anyone out (and the guy--that is SOO creepy).

Susan said...

Oh my!! I've got the jibblies just thinking about it all - hmmm.. creepy man, indeed - the scenario posed in another comment about the man just being lost and coming up to the wrong house is a good one to keep you at ease. Hopefully that was all it was. :/ We've been discovering new bug issues in our new house as well - earwigs... gross - I'm finding a ton, but like 2 or 3 a day I'm killing and they gross me out - I swept my kitchen yesterday and swept a few dead ones as well - what the heck. We had an ant problem in our old apartment and we learned that just killing them when you find them definitely won't keep them coming back - you'd think they'd learn, yes, when their friends never return from venturing into the people home, but they just will keep coming until you get your home sprayed or something. Our maintenance people took care of that for us, but I like the idea of getting some do-it-yourself stuff so you don't have to pay a pest control dude.

The Frosts said...

Yeeks. Get a bug guy. Seriously. We finally broke down in AZ because I was so paranoid about scorpions. We have bad ants here in NM too and I think we'll have to get a bug service here too. Good luck!

Amber said...

Ahhh! Scary guy and bugs. That would give me bad dreams too. We have had ant problems ever since we moved here (4 1/2 years) I finally broke down and called a bug guy.

Skinners said...

AHHH! After two years in Tucson I can't watch CSI or Law and Order anymore! I totally don't blame you for being alarmed.

Mandi said...

I'm so sorry Britt! That sounds like my nightmare. I have to be honest and say that wherever I walk in my house right now I am on the hunt for scorpions. The little beasties! I hate Hate HATE bugs! So, Steve bought the best ant traps ever! We struggled with ants for months and then he bought these and they were gone in like a couple of days. I will find out the name and call you. I love you lots!

Mandi said...

Good grief! I got caught up with bugs and forgot about Mr. Killer. First of all I bet he was a friendly old man out for a stroll (we can hope anyway). I am sorry that you have to be scared. I feel scared in good 'ol Phoenix too, but I have never had that happen. I will pray for you tonight. I love you!