Thursday, January 05, 2012

Anika's 8th Birthday

8 years ago I became a mom and it was the best thing that ever happened to me. I couldn't ask for a better oldest child. Last year on her birthday I promised she'd get a party for her 8th birthday not knowing that I'd have a one week old. I talked her out of having a huge shindig this year and promised once again that next year she could have a big party. I think that was a safe promise since 2 babies in 1 year is unlikely for me! Haha! We started off the day with her favorite breakfast - Dunkin Donuts! And present opening of course! She was pretty thrilled with all of her gifts but her favorite was the Doctor Dreadful Zombie Lab. After seeing this commercial it was all she could talk about. I guess zombie vomit and brain fizz and snot shots are all the rage! Gross!


We headed over to Vangrow Art Studio and painted some pottery. Anika is quite the little artist so she was in heaven! I can't believe I didn't get any pictures of their pottery! Anika painted a Santa cookie plate and a Mickey Mouse for Granana and Papa. Keslie painted a plate and a little reindeer. I painted a snowman mug for Nathan. It was really fun!

She chose chinese food for dinner and then we came home and had cake and ice cream with some friends. I think she was happy with her day even without the big party. =)


20 questions* : answered by Anika age 8

1. What is your favorite color? Blue
2. What is your favorite toy? My scooter, my wilbur stuffed animal, stuffed animals, Littlest Pet Shops
3. What is your favorite fruit? bananas
4. What is your favorite tv show? Phineas and Ferb
5. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? Ham sandwich with all the fix ins
6. What is your favorite outfit? How do I explain my favorite outfit because it's my pajamas?!!
7. What is your favorite game? Basketball at home
8. What is your favorite snack? Crackers
9. What is your favorite animal? dogs and cats
10. What is your favorite song? Tonight, Tonight by Hot Chelle Rae
11. What is your favorite book? Magic Treehouse books
12. Who is your best friend? Keslie
13. What is your favorite cereal? Cookie Crisp
14. What is your favorite thing to do outside? Run all around crazy.
15. What is your favorite drink? Chocolate milk and Eggnog
16. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas
17. What do you like to take to bed with you at night? Blankies
18. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? Donuts
19. What do you want for dinner on your birthday? Stromboli
20. What do you want to be when you grow up? A mommy



No comments: