Thursday, June 19, 2008

Camping in Rhode Island

Finally!! We have had such a fun month! Over Memorial weekend we went camping in Rhode Island and then came home and turned around and left for Idaho the next morning! Camping was great fun but I can tell you that waking up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom is NOT pleasant when you have to walk to a port-a-potty a ways away from the tent. I imagined all sorts of things jumping at me. I was SO tempted to squat but just couldn't do it knowing that there were other campers mere feet away. I miss the AZ camping that I grew up with. I'd much prefer to find a tree in the wilderness and squat than to use a port-a-potty. Not my cup of tea I can tell you that. =) On Saturday morning we played in the stream that was right by our campsite and that was great fun! I wish that there had been crodads to catch! By the way- did you read about that 8 ft. fossil they found of a sea scorpion?!! Oh. My. GOSH!

The girls posing with purple bug repellent on their faces.

Anika and I by our pond. I'm still mad I didn't catch a frog...
I'm pure loveliness, I know.


Here is the stream!

Here we are on our "hike".
Connor and Anika busy being in love.

Jenny, Josh, and Jack came and hung out just for the day.
After lunch we went to the beach! It was SUPPOSED to be a beautiful day. =)

It was actually windy and very cold! But that didn't stop the kids...


She is in the middle of something very important right now - can you guess?
Happy Birthday Josh!! Scott and Jenn made a yummy cobbler for his b-day treat!
We ate lots of hot dogs, pancakes and smores and played some mean games of UNO. =) Then on Sunday morning we packed up and headed home! Lots of fun!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Brittanie, your girls are too cute and they OHHHH so look like you! Such a cute family you have!!

Susan said...

I'm so happy to see that you posted some new stuff - I have to admit, yours is one of my favorite blogs that I read! You're just so darn amusing - I wish we could hang out! :)

Mandi said...

So fun! I am jealous that you guys get to do so much camping back there. We are actually going on our very first family campout tomorrow with my family. I can't wait! I am glad that your back is better. Too bad it got better after D.C. You guys were surely missed. I miss you and I hope all is well. I was hoping to catch a glimpse of your cute stomach, but no such luck in those pics. We'll try again. Love you!

Minharos said...

Looks like fun... and a lot of work. We're going camping next weekend, and I'm still a little unsure about it. We'll be the only ones with kids which means I have to work a little harder to make the trip kid friendly and amusing. Wish us luck. If only we had a fun stream and a beach nearby!

The Allen's said...

wow my idea of camping now is a trailer or cabin. easier to lock isaac up you know. but it sure looks beautiful where you went