Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Running

Oh, Homer. I feel your pain.

I know just what is going through his head:
'Have I really only been running for TWO minutes?!'

I'm not a runner. I've never wanted to be a runner. Ever. But today I went for a little run! And when I say RUN I mean Ruuuu-jog/walk. Hahaha! I needed fresh air and some upbeat music and thought I could at least handle 3 miles. Not so much. I ended up in my living room after 1.5 miles thinking KILL ME NOW. Is it me or is it WAY harder to run for reals vs. running on a machine? Is it normal that my gums hurt after I run?! Why can't I be one of those people that love to exercise and love to eat healthy? Or at least one of the two! =) Anyway, I was grateful for my music - it kept me moving! But I wish I had been dancing to it in my living room rather than mindlessly running up the street! You know what I've discovered? I used to think I had absolutely no rhythm but I DO! I've got the rhythm but maybe not the cool moves to go with it. I took Anika on a little date last night and Usher came on and she actually hid under the seatbelt because she was embarrassed of me and my dancing. Thanks Anika. Thanks a lot. =)

Anyway - totally random post. Happy Wednesday!

7 comments:

Charly said...

Haha! You and I would be AWESOME in a car together with the music cranked up, dancing away! Our girls would both be in the backseat hiding under their seatbelts together. =P I love your totally random post.

Minharos said...

I totally feel your pain on the running thing. It's the worst! My gums don't hurt, but another friend just blogged about the same thing this week (weird coincidence!) so there must be something to it.

Cherie said...

Hey! My gums hurt too when I run! I'm glad I'm not the only one. Pretty sure Nate thought I was weird when I told him my gums were killing me after running. I guess I should say, it only happens when I run when I am out of running shape. Once my body gets "used" to running (hahaha), it doens't happen anymore.

Tim and Jennifer said...

I've written a post almost like this before. Why can't I be a runner??

Tim and Amy said...

love this! i agree with the ONLY TWO MINUTES IN?! tim can get up and run six miles and not think twice about it. where i dread it. i'm trying to become a runner but honestly don't think it will ever happen! :) and your girls are too cute. they have a seriously cool + cute mom!

Mandi said...

OH my friend! That post brought back so many memories for me. The running made me think of us in high school and how the only thing that kept me going is the fear of you out-doing me. Then it made me think when Anika was ashamed of your sweet moves of when we lived in the trailer. Remember the night when we were jamming our little hearts out to Back Street Boys or something awesome of the like and to our horror we turned around to see a herd of college guys watching us from the window for who knows how long. Oh the pain! I am happy to have shared such an embarrasing moment with you. We can laugh at that for the rest of forever! I can't wait for you to move up here so that we can make more of those kinds of moments together. I love you!

The Richins Family said...

I so understand how you feel. good job on the running. it is hard on my body. people make it look so easy and its not. my gums don't hurt when i run, but my knees do. i think you look fabulous!

that's funny about anika getting embarrassed about your dancing. my kids are starting to get embarrassed of my dancing and its funny to see their personality grow. too cute!